Re: ORA-08103 Object no longer exists

From: Patrick Callahan <patrick.callahan_at_mail.wdn.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

John Struse wrote:

> Hi folks;
> I am using Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 on an HP Unix platform. Just recently we
> began to get the above error when doing some selects. We finally traced
> it to the fact that we had added some indexes to the table in question.
> We get the error when doing:
> select * from products where prod_code = ;NJ12345' and status = 'A';

John,

I'm also working with 7.3.2.3 on a K460 running 10.20 and have been experiencing the same problem. I was passed some code that did something like

update t1
set t1.fk_id = (select t2.id from t2 where t2.cd = t1.cd and t2.clndr_da = t1.clndr_da)

Code works find under 7.2 and WIN95 but fails on the HP. It would sometimes bomb
right away and sometimes bomb after updating just some of the records. The problem
would go away if the the dates comparisions were removed. Of course this didn't give
the right result. We were able to code around the problem and haven't had time
to investiage it further. Again we only saw the problem when comparing dates. I'm
going to check the schema tomorrow to see if any indexes were involved. I'll
post in this group if I find anything.

Patrick Callahan Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT