Problem with AIX 4.1.5 File System & Oracle8..... URGENT! Production System is down !!

From: Patrick Tan <patrick_at_mikoria.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

Hello,
I badly need advice on how to recover from this disaster. My root partition (/) is showing this error, for unknown reason.

> ** Checking /dev/hd4 (/) MOUNTED FILE SYSTEM; WRITING SUPPRESSED;
> Checking a mounted filesystem does not produce dependable results.
> ** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
> ** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
> ** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
> ** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
> ** Phase 5 - Check Inode Map
> Bad Inode Map (NOT SALVAGED)
> ** Phase 6 - Check Block Map
> Filesystem integrity is not guaranteed
>1555 files 15984 blocks 400 free
>There are root file system problems. (NOT CONTINUED) (TERMINATED)

I tried to boot up from the CDROM in Maintenance Mode, hopeful that fsck /dev/hd4 would
work. However, fsck could not detect this device /dev/hd4.

I'm not sure how this is related, but my Oracle Database now refuses to START-UP at all.
It was working perfectly for 2 weeks since it went into Production. Then suddenly it showed
this error.

> $ svrmgrl
> Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.3.0.0 - Production
> (c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
> 0509-037 System error - error data is: oracleTSGMCU
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_getspecific in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_setspecific in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_key_create in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a
 valid format.

> 0509-037 System error - error data is: oracleTSGMCU
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_getspecific in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_setspecific in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-023 Symbol pthread_key_create in svrmgrl is not defined.
> 0509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a
 valid format.

>ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Is this a Operating Related Problem or an Oracle related Problem? Please help,

Desperate,
-Patrick- Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT