Re: What's wrong with this code!!!

From: Corncrowe <corncrowe_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

>We can't really help you if we don't have an error message to >decipher.

I was implying structure and flow rather than a specific error message.

>> delete from temp_aging where ord_id is not null;
>> commit;

The delete temp_aging and commit statement...there is a cursor at the beginning  of the transaction. The cursor is populated with a select statement from  temp_aging, Later in the code fragment a delete statement is encountered.  What is the purpose of the delete temp_aging at this point in the flow?

I guess the question is to find mistakes in structure and point out how this  stored procedure can be written differently. Think of it as an exercise of  sorts.

Thanks,

Jon Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT