Re: MIGRATION FROM ORACLE 6.0 TO 7.3 under AIX

From: Roy Coleman <rcoleman_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

Read the Installation Guide for Oracle 7.3 on AIX that they sent with the media. It has a whole section on upgrading from 6 to 7. Just follow the box and you won't have a problem.

Manfred Tischendorf <07142980027-0001_at_t-online.de> wrote in message <62816i$qfc$2_at_news01.btx.dtag.de>...
>Hello,
>
>I have a very short question which will have a lot of nuances to be
 answered. Thanks for writing me each advice
>you can give to me.
>
>My problem is, that I have to migrate an oracle database 6.0.13 up to
 Oracle 7.3 under AIX.

>I have no experiences up to now working under AIX. I only know Oracle under
 HP-UX or NT and I never
>migrated a version 6.x to 7.3.
>
>What should I be aware of and what difficulties can I get? What are good
 migration concepts an d what should I