Oracle6.0.36 MAX_DATA_FILES problem

From: Narayan Prabakar <pnarayan_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/10/20

I have an Oracle 6.0.36 database that does not want to open up and cites the reason to be something like

"max. datafiles exceeded - you have more than 62 datafiles files in your database"

How do you get around this problem in ver 6.0.36? The problem started when I added a datafile to increase the "TEMP" tablespace and then bounced the database.

I have not been successful in using the command "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE". Any response would be appreciated.