Re: Unable: NOT THAT SIMPLE!

From: Vsevolod Afanasjev <afanasjev_at_cse.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 1997/10/20

It may be not that simple. Oracle often produces MISLEADING messages. For example, if I try to create HASH CLUSTER, parameters HASHKEYS and SIZE effectively specify the space which will be allocated to this cluster during creation. Let's say, database block size is 2K, I specify SIZE 1700, then the number of allocated data blocks will be equal to HASHKEYS. If INITIAL, NEXT, MAXEXTENTS are too low, Oracle will not be able to allocate the required space and it produces this completely misleading message about temp segment