Re: APPLICATION TUNING

From: R Aponte <aponte_at_eglin.af.mil>
Date: 1997/10/20

I have used sqlloader and utl utilities before, and there are slow. I decide to try my own C program and found that it is much faster to validate the data using proC and C than using sqlloader. If you have the time, in the Oracle books, they have some samples of how to use proC to write programs to load data into the database. You have more control of how many records to insert before commiting them, keep your rollback segments small and have less overhead in the PL/SQL engine.

Becky Aponte Received on Mon Oct 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT