DBMS_OUTPUT

From: BHAVESH PATEL <BHAVESH-PATEL_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/19

Hello,

can anyone tell me the answer to the following questions:

  1. What is the performance degradation of using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE() if serveroutput is off? The program has 21 active (not commented) put_line statements. I wonder if this degrades performance.
  2. Which is faster for processing sequentially: utl_file or a table?
  3. Is there an tangible performance hit related to the number of lines in a program, even if they don't execute: e.g. IF 1=2 THEN 500 lines ELSE 1 line END IF
  4. Is size limit on stored procedures based on line count or byte count?

Thanks you in advance and hope to get a clear answer. Bye and have a nice day.

Bhavesh Patel. Received on Sun Oct 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT