Re: Oracle running Linux?

From: Jan Andersen <root_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: 1997/10/17

Norbert Ferstl wrote:

> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> .
> > I have been working with installing Oracle 7.3.x on Linux - it
> > seems that I now have a working method (mostly inspired by
> > Roland van Hout on the ibcs list):
> .
> .
> > /jan
>
> But...
>
> Does it make sense?
> .. in the next release???????????????
>
> Norbert
>
> --

Hmm... depends on what you mean, I guess. It made a lot of sense to me and I don't mind sharing my knowledge with others. If you think it is of

no value to you, please feel free to ignore it :-)

Anyway, it doesn't seems irrelevant to me to know Oracle well enough to do this - it gives a better insight into what Oracle does when seen from the
system.

/jan

- while you're here, why not take a look
at a href="http://www.image.dk/~jan_p_a

If you want to reply to me, my electronic
address is ndjan and the server part of it
is nord-data-detail.dk. Or you can use
jan_p_a with server part = image.dk

This rather 'circumvented' explanation is
meant to avoid automatic spammers that
browse the news groups. I hope it works