single quote

From: Ong Chin Hui <chong_at_singaport.gov.sg>
Date: 1997/10/16

In some of my oracle tables' columns with char(N) type, the value may contain single quote.

Eg.

Company

SAN'ANGLE This would cause an error in the sql statement formed.

Eg.

insert into COMPANY values ( 'SAN'ANGLE', ...)

It would be too tedious to check for this and add another single quote :

insert into COMPANY values ( 'SAN''ANGLE', ...)

Any solutions ?
Can we use double quote instead ?            Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT