Re: Help on multi-Instance on a server

From: <mouyang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/10/16

Hi Mr.Wall:
Thank you for your help.
I modified the listener.ora same as you said, and I set the tnsnames.ora correctly using sqlnet conf. tool, but I cannot connect to the instance "test", the error messages are:"ORACLE not available" and "smsget: error attaching to SGA".
In NT instance manager window, the status of "test" is: Services started
Instance stopped
so I think where the rub is. But I cannot start up the instance "test", such as using svrmgr. I need further help. Thanks.

M. Ouyang

P.S. my tnsnames.ora :

################
# Filename......: listener.ora