Re: Backup Oracle 7 Use ARC Server

From: Mark Day <mday_at_ucla.edu>
Date: 1997/10/16

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:04:50 +0800, Kenny Yeung <kyeung_at_cash.org.hk> wrote:

>Would someone pls tell me:
>
>If we use Cheyenne - ARC Server VER 6.0 for NT to backup Oracle 7(NT).
>Can ARCServer Backup the database completely without shutdown Oracle?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Carver
>
>E-mail: carver_at_cash.org.hk

I have not used them personally, but ARCserve has an add on module for working with an Oracle Database. It costs more than the ARCserve product itself (I think ~$1000 list for NT, ~4000 list for UNIX). I'd be interested in any comments about how well it works.

Mark Day Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT