Re: HELP!!!-I can´t startup the database

From: Srinivasan Sankar <srinisankar_at_nospam.com>
Date: 1997/10/16

Javi wrote:

> Hi!
> We have a Bull DPS7000 machine. This machine have 8 disks.
> At the disk5 we have one control file and one redolog file.
> The disk5 is crashed.
> we recover the Monday's backup datafiles.
> now datafiles and indexfiles aren't from the same date.
> we can't startup the database.
> the controlfile2 and redolog2 are at disk6.
>
> than you.

The control files contains information about the datafiles created for the database. Did u recover the control file from Monday's backup? Did u add any new datafile or tablespace after Monday's backup.

Anyhow to recover a database from the previous backup the datafiles and controlfiles should always be in sync.

"There are no strangers in life, only friends you've not yet met"
Srinivasan Sankar                         srinisankar_at_hotmail.com
P.S:- Replace "nospam" with "hotmail" while replying to me