Re: I need port numbers for Oracle Services

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/10/16

Rob Garden <robgar_at_microsoft.com> wrote in article <623b1u$ori_at_news.microsoft.com>...
> I need to know what port number the following services listen on:
>
> OracleServiceORCL
> OracleStartORCL
> OracleTNSListener
>
> Also, when using SQL*Plus, what services intercept the logon request ?

AFAIK only OracleTNSListener listens on a port. It handles all logon requests. The port number(s) are specified in the LISTENER.ORA file in ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN directory (usually tcp ports 1521 and 1526). Apperantly this can be re-configured to make use of a dispatcher that provides each client with a specific "random" port to connect on.

Why not run Network Monitor and take a look?

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT