Re: Help a newbie: how to disable "connect internal" ?

From: <_at_mail.mse.ufl.edu>
Date: 1997/10/16

Joey Brouillette wrote:

> Internal is the only user that has access to start and stop the dB.
> Control access to this by controlling the Access to UNIX user 'oracle'
>
> André Bragança <andre.b_at_usa.net> wrote in article
> <01bcda61$aa3c6960$730110ac_at_t1115>...
> > I'm using Digital Unix (or HP-UX) and Oracle 7. When I login as "oracle"
 I can use sqldba or (svrmgrl) with "connect internal".
> > Is there a way to disable this, so that I can only login to oracle by
 specifying a user (e.g SYSTEM) ?

> > Best regards,
> > --
> > André Bragança (andre.b_at_usa.net)
> > Sys. Admin. at UNICER S.A. (http://www.unicer.pt)
> >While using 'oracle' as user and 'dba' as group, privileges like
'svrmgr and 'connect internal' are assigned automatically.

        To disable this feature, the user 'oracle' should not be under group 'dba' or the user name should be different like 'oracle1'. Also during database installation the default user name can be made different than 'oracle'.
Kris Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT