Re: OpenVMS/Oracle combination problems?

From: Carlos Orozco <corozco_at_ij.net>
Date: 1997/10/16

Justin Kamerman wrote:

> Im doing a feasibility study on running Oracle on an OpenVMS platform.
>
> Does anyone know of any problems experienced with this combination?
>
> Justin Kamerman
> justink_at_dexel.co.za

   A very loaded question you ask. There are always problems with any product and vendor . You need to find out what versions you wish to use and take it from there. There are problems that will be insignificant to you as well as disastrous. The release note will help you out with the known ones. I've beed running on OpenVms 6.2 and Oracle 7.1.5 for over 1 year now. we had problems with 7.1.3 and a feature of optimization which was cleared up in 7.1.5. We use oracle for a manufacturing process in a near 7x24 operation. So we consider it critical. We also don't have lots of data at this point so our system by most opinions would be small. I hope this helps. Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT