NT Installation Help Needed

From: Mark Kerzner <sensfan_at_sensfans.com>
Date: 1997/10/14

I have a trial copy of Oracle 7 Server for NT but I can't get the database to start. I may be having a problem with NT and/or how we installed it.

The software was installed from a workstation with the files residing on the server. Should the software be installed at the server? If so, is there any client installation that needs to be done?

My trouble starting the database first occurred during installation while the installer attempted to create the starter database. Oracle would not start and the installation hung until we shut down the DOS window where SQL*Plus was being launched. The error is ORA-09352 Windows 32 bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE Task. In the control panel, we checked the services and found that none of the Oracle services started up when booting up the workstation. We managed to create an NT Oracle group and accounts and then we manually started all of the Oracle services with the exception of the OracleTNSListener. This just won't start no matter what we do.

If anyone can offer some help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mark Kerzner
IT/NET Consultants Inc.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Received on Tue Oct 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT