Re: How to use a RBS using SQL loader ?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/10/13

On 12 Oct 1997 14:49:38 GMT, tlcbus_at_aol.com (Tlcbus) wrote:

>Everyone,
>set transaction using rollback segment <RBS> allows a transaction to use a
> particular RBS.
>Question: How do you use this feature while using sql loader and export/import
>utililties ?
>Thanks a log
>Ted Chyn

Generaly you can't do this for import or SQL*loader.

SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT...... sets the use of a particular rollback segment only for *one transacton*. During a tipical import there is a bunch of transactions (various CREATE ddl statements, commit after each table data load, ....). During tipical loader session there is a bunch of transaction (commit after n records, commit at the end of each table, ...).

If there only was a ALTER SESSION USE ROLLBAACK SEGMENT ..... . But ther isn't! The only option you have (for large loads/imports, during the time when there are no other active sessions or at least not too many of them) is to have one BIG rollback segment online and put all the other RB segments (except SYSTEM) offline.

Don't forget to put the big RBS offline and all the others RBS online after you finish your load.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT