newbie question

From: Bill Kincaid <wkincaid_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/10/13

A simple question perhaps for someone more knowledgeable than I.

During the entry process of records into my Client table, I will allow the user to leave the Receipt_No field null. If the user enters a value into Receipt_No then I want to ensure that that value is not present in the Receipt table. If it is present then I want to disallow the record to be entered. The same goes for the VIN field and VIN table (including allowing a null in VIN field).

Client table

Client_No (PK)
Receipt_No
VIN

Receipt table

Receipt_No (PK)
other fields

VIN table

VIN (PK)
other fields

Thanks in advance for your help...

Bill Received on Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT