Re: ACCESSING LONG RAW FIELDS FROM SQLPLUS

From: Brian McCabe <brian_at_mitc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/13

take a look at the UTL_RAW package supplied with your RDBMS. You need the Procedural Option to run it. There are a number of Procs and Functions in there for manipulating Raws. There is also some functionality for manipulating raws in UTL_PG but I haven't used this - may be worth looking at though.

In article <01c26ba6$df4cf120$2c33accf_at_jack-beatty>, Jack Beatty <climb512_at_erols.com> writes
>Can anybody tell me how, if possible, to access (SELECT) a LONG RAW field
>from an ORACLE table within SQL*PLUS?

* Brian McCabe                                                *
* Principal Consultant                                        *
*   M c C A B E   I T   C O N S U L T I N G   L I M I T E D   *
* Email:        brian_at_mitc.demon.co.uk                        *
* Web:          http://www.mitc.demon.co.uk                   *
* Tel:          +44 (0)410 024561                             *
* Locn:         Altrincham, Cheshire, United Kingdom          *