7.1.4 -> 7.2.3 Upgrade Question

From: Wil Artman <wartman_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1997/10/12

We recently upgraded from v7.1.4 to v7.2.3. I have a few questions regarding the upgrade.

  1. I've been told by various sources that there is an 'Enhanced Backup Utility' available with 7.2.3 and greater for use with other vendor backup software (NetWorker in our case). Can anyone direct me to this?
  2. Our backup scripts were run as user 'root' to ensure access to the disk drive when doing a cold backup. In v7.1.4 with 'root' as a member of the 'dba' group, this caused no problem. Now that we are on v7.2.3, I keep getting 'Insufficient privilige' errors when running in this mode. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!!

--wil Received on Sun Oct 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT