Re: Can the Oracle Workgroup Server do dblinks?

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: 1997/10/12

In article <fYf2XBAhGQQ0Ewqb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk> paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk writes:
>In article <876417204.3199snx_at_aleytys.pc.my>, Philip Chee
><philip_at_aleytys.pc.my> writes

>>The vendor says that we need the Oracle Enterprise Server to do dblinks
>>and that the Workgroup Server won't allow that. Since the WG server is
>>significantly cheaper, I'd like some feedback from people actually using
>>the Workgroup server.

>Definitely wrong.
>Oracle Workgroup Server does dblinks and we use them every day.
>Change to a different vendor.

Thanks to all who replied. Oracle customer support confirms this.

Now the story is that the vendor's application *requires* the enterprise server and won't run on the Workgroup server. As far as I know the only features missing from the WG version are the distributed and parallel options.

Comments?

Philip

  Philip Chee: Tasek Cement Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 9918.08 þ Black Holes were created when God divided by zero!