Re: Web app server 3.0 on NT with Oracle 8

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/10/11

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:14:48 -0700, Steve Silveri <ssilveri_at_bid4u.com> wrote:

>When trying to perform the default configuration from the admin function
>
>in web server 3.0, I get:
>
>OWS-05566 DAD DBA submission failed
>ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed.
>
>I am using the eval version Oracle 8.03 enterprise for NT and used
>SYSTEM as the user login.
>
>Any clues.

You must create the DAD using sql*net -- not 2: or a local connection. OWAS is linked with Oracle7.3 libs (oracle7 sqlnet). It uses sqlnet 2.x. Oracle8's native driver can't be used.

You must configure the net8 listener and put an entry in the tnsnames file in the \orant\network\admin directory. be careful -- net8 on nt uses \orant\net80\.... whereas sqlnet 2.x uses \orant\network\.... so update the tnsnames files in the network\admin directory for the client (owas) but work with the listener.ora file in the net80\admin directory for the listener.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT