Drop tablespace Problem

From: Greg Westendorf <westendorf_at_nospamcp-consulting.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

Hi and thanks in advance,
This is Oracle 7.3 for WinNT. I'm trying to drop a tablespace using 'drop table DATACS including contents;'.
It keeps returning an oracle error 'ORA-00959 tablespace does not exists'. I have already truncated and then dropped any tables in the tablespace. I've searched DBA_TABLES for any tables that might be left over in that tablespace. WHen I search on the dba_tablespace_names the tablespace is listed (and status is ONLINE). I've tried to delete that datafile and Oracle has a thread on it because I get a locked error . So, does anybody have any ideas? I'd like to delete this so I can free the disk space on the server.

thanks again
greg

westendorf_at_NOSPAMcp-consulting.com
remove nospam from address before responding Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT