Re: OpenVMS/Oracle combination problems?

From: DECo <poguem_at_detroitedison.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

Justin Kamerman wrote:

> Im doing a feasibility study on running Oracle on an OpenVMS platform.
> Does anyone know of any problems experienced with this combination?
>
> Justin Kamerman
> justink_at_dexel.co.za

We have been using Oracle V7.1-7.3 on DEC VAX & ALPHA, and HP UX for several years with no problems.
New Oracle releases for VMS are several months behind HP,SUN,etc. but they also contain many generic bug fixes
for bugs released in the eariler HP,SUN,etc. versions.

To use the latest Oracle releases your VMS system must be at OS version 7.x.

Martin Pogue
poguem_at_detroitedison.com Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT