Oracle DBA needed small shop outside Phila

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_aimsdata.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

I've seen other postings for DBA positions from time to time and nary a flame, so I presume this is not in violation of the list etiquette. My apologies in advance if it is.

I'm posting this as a courtesy for a company for whom we're doing some application development. Please DO NOT send email to me--I don't know the salary range, for example; instead, place a phone call to their HR department and get the mailing address where you need to send your resume and other pertinent details directly from them. Their phone number is 610-407-0407; tell the HR department you're interested in "the Oracle DBA position". They're looking for an employee not a consultant.

A direct marketing agency (610-407-0407) located in a northwest suburb of Philadelphia is looking for an Oracle DBA to manage what is now a relatively small Oracle/NT installation. Duties would include frequent importing of data (hands-on experience with SQL Loader a big plus); set up of instances, tablespaces, users and roles; some cooperating with application developers; a little interfacing with MIS Manager/Network Administrator (now, the same person); monitoring disk space; some set up of desktop clients (Windows 95 and Windows NT workstation) and direct contact with a few (half a dozen) users, though this number may gradually grow as other departments start using Oracle; most are now using shared-file databases on their Novell network. Knowledge of MS-Access, VB, or Paradox a plus.

Tim Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT