Re: ORA-03113 End of communication channel

From: Lorri <cole0821_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/10/10

rajs_at_meghdoot.mastek.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> Our Oracle server configuration is Oracle 7.3.2 Workgroup Server for Unix
> ScoOpenServer5.x. SQL*Net is Release 2.3.
> Our protocol is TCP/IP. The installation went smoothly and work progressed also
> smoothly. But the we found that the listener process is fine and up.But after
> sometime, intermittently new clients are unable to connect to the database.The
> error is ORA-03113 end-of-file communication channel. This happens very often
> and we have stop and start the listener process again to allow the new
> connections.
> Any clues??? Looking for a right direction to analyze the situation
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards
> Rajs

I've been having the same error message - ORA-3113 End of communication channel but not when doing the same thing. My error happens when I have a long running batch job that strings multiple sql*plus sessions together. I had these jobs running under 7.2 & they worked fine, the errors started after I upgraded to 7.3. I posted this message to the newsgroup a few weeks ago. The only response I got was the following.

Sorry that it took so long, but the people doing the patch have had some problems. But now it finaly works. Oracle gave us what they called "Patch for 52295". Probably 52295 is the bug-number or something like that.
They also had some problems with some libraries on the UNIX-machine, but I have not got the details yet.

Lars Joergen Tvedt

I am working with Oracle Support to see if this patch is available and if it will actually fix the problem.

Hopefully this will help you to also pursue getting this patch.

Lorri Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT