Re: Multiple instances of Oracle

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

Yoon Ha wrote:

> What are the advantages and disadvantages of running multiple
> instances?
>
> Why would you want to run multiple instances?
>
> Any help would be appreciated?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yoon
> yoon_ha_at_dayton.saic.com

Hi, The help I've found is really at a very basic level. A 'live' instance and a 'test' instance. Regularly export from 'live' to 'test' - so users can connect and destroy whatever. It provides an online backup (to the last export) and a way to recreate the data in that instance. I can test versions of software on 'test', or hairbrained ideas of my own. Of course, will first need the disk and processing necessary. Hope this is of help.
Greg
parsons_at_inmet.com Received on Thu Oct 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT