Re: Can the Oracle Workgroup Server do dblinks?

From: Stephen Cheung <stephenc_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: 1997/10/09

: The vendor says that we need the Oracle Enterprise Server to do dblinks
: and that the Workgroup Server won't allow that. Since the WG server is
: significantly cheaper, I'd like some feedback from people actually using
: the Workgroup server.

I'm looking at a spec sheet faxed to me from oracle dated 10-8-97, and for version 7.3 of the server, database links are included in the Enterprise, Workgroups, and Personal Oracle 7. It is not in Personal Oracle Lite.

The parallel server option is not available on the workgroup server, in addition to other things.

                        stephen cheung

--
Stephen Cheung
512-916-8324 anytime.