Raise_application_error

From: John Parrott <johnp_at_elysiumfsi.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

I want to be able to make calls to Raise_applciation_error. The problem is that if I included it then when I run my fucntions I get a 'Call does not guarantee not to update database'.

I can work around this by placing a 'Pragma restrict_references' statement in the DBMSSTDX file and recompiliung. I don't understand why I have to do this. What's the point of this fucntion if it can't be used inside other fucntions and why doesn't the DBMSSTDX file already contains this directive.

--
John Parrott
Elysium Financial Systems Inc.