Re: Adding Database or ... Challenge

From: Kluged <kluged_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

this is funny

francois bags on you for mentioning the config.ora file and says that you do not have one in UNIX, and then they mention that you have to change this file in step 4 of their instructions.

one more thing, creating a database is not just a matter of changing the oratab file, ORACLE_SID, DBNAME in creation scripts, init.ora, config.ora, tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, and tnsnav.ora?

you need to specify the redo logs, control files, datafiles, etc. this must be done in coordination with the system administrator.

to the person having the problem - post or email your create database script, and i will gladly point out the problem.