Re: Oracle services on NT

From: Robert Schnee <rschnee_at_metzler.com.nospam>
Date: 1997/10/08

Sheilah Scheurich wrote:

> arpege wrote:
> >
> > I have an Oracle Database on NT and three services are running :
> >
> > OracleTNSListenerARPD (the listener)
> > OracleServiceARPD
> > OracleStartARPD
> >
> > Does anyone know the purpose of those last two services ? I know one of
> > them contains threads (DBWR, LGRWR, PMON, SMON and others) but what is
> > the other one for ?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Philippe

 On NT all background (or daemon) procesess must be run as "service". OracleServiceSID is a background process which contains all threads for the well known background processes on UNIX (DBWR, LGWR, etc..) OracleStartSID is small process which is (as i know) only doing the startup database command after the machine has been started. When you delete it, you have to issue the "startup" command manually in server-manager.

--
 Robert Schnee             Mail: rschnee @ metzler . com
 Bankhaus Metzler          Tel : +49 69 2104 559

!!! Bitte ".nospam" vom Ende der email Adresse vor dem Antworten entfernen!!!

mailto:net-abuse_at_nocs.insp.irs.gov  <- for the spammers