Re: NT - how can I run SQL*Plus from a .bat file?

From: INOUE Katsumi <kinoue_at__NoSpam_jp.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/10/08

In article <01bcd284$8471ae50$c7559d88_at_mdeltoro2>, Michael Del Toro <michael.deltoro_at_sni-usa.com> wrote:
>How can I run an SQL*Plus script (that drops indexes) in a .bat file
>WITHOUT the rest of the shell commands being executed immediately.
>Currently, the COMMAND PROMPT spawns an SQL*Plus process and continues with
>the rest of the commands in the shell.
>I do not want any of the other commands in the shell script to get executed
>UNTIL the SQL*Plus process is finished.

Hello,

You can invoke plus33.exe instead of sqlplus.exe in your .bat file. (or plus80.exe if you are using Oracle8)

I tend to like to use perl (www.activeware.com) for this kind of job. Because unlike in sh in UNIX, one can not do

plus33 scott/tiger <<EOF
select ...<blah blah>
EOF in .bat file.

Regards,
Katsumi INOUE

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer.