Re: Active Server Pages problem

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/10/07

Mark Aurit wrote:

> Has anyone gotten Active Server Pages to work with
> an Oracle 7 RDBMS? Ive gotten Excel/MSQuery to talk to
> our UNIX database using ODBC, but when I take a simple
> script that talks to Access and then point it to
> Oracle, I get the following:
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
> [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Connection not open.
> /ASPSamp/Samples/oracle.asp, line 61
>
> Line 61 is:
> OBJdbConnection.Open "s755s6"
> ("s755s6" is the ODBC DSN)
>
> Thanks, Mark
> auritma_at_mail.northgrum.com

You can enable tracing on ODBC (in ODBC Manager) to try and track the error and you could supply your example code that doesn't work to this group.

Ciao,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"