Re: Multiple Instances

From: JM Peale <jackiep_at_rkeng.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

What I have found that works best is, after bringing the first instance up, go to your
command prompt and type set oracle_sid=<nameofsid> and then try to bring up the instance. Your machine needs to know where to find the instance. With the one already open, you need to tell NT the next one to open. You should then be able to go from one to the other. NT brings up an instance automatically based on what is in your registry (you did enter an ORACLE_SID in your registry, right?)

Jackie Peale - my own findings. Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT