Re: OS Authent. on NT

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin_Haltmayer_at_KirchGruppe.de>
Date: 1997/10/06

Scott Metro wrote:

> I have set up my initialization parameters to allow OS Authentication
> and can log in successfully using "connect /" when I'm actually using
> the server. This does not work, however, from a workstation.
>
> Does anyone have any solutions to this? It's Oracle 7.3 on NT 4 (svc
> pak 3).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> (take no_spam out of email address before replying via email)

Most probably, the parameter REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT is set to FALSE in your initXXXX.ora file. Set it to TRUE, shutdown and startup your database again and it will work if you log in as the same user as you would successfully from the server.

But be aware that everybody who pretends to be that user from any workstation can do the same!

--
Martin Haltmayer