Re: SQL/SID question

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/10/06

Carl.Kristian.Eriksen_at_cinet.no wrote in article <875876121.21778_at_dejanews.com>...
> This does not seem to work from PL/SQL functions.
 <snip>
> FROM SYS.v$thread;
> 5/2 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
> 6/7 PLS-00201: identifier 'V$THREAD' must be declared

Declare the procedure in SYS and it will work. Exactly why this is, I don't know. Maybe someone can tell us why a DBA privilige user can do SELECTs on the V$ views, but not use these views in a stored proc? Must there be additional grants to the user in order to use the views in a stored proc? Or is it just an undocumented Oracle "feature"? :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Oct 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT