LONG dataype and IMPORT

From: NNOOR <Nnoor_at_cris.com>
Date: 1997/10/04

Oracle WGS 7.3 on NT 4.

Is there any known limitation with importing/exporting tables with LONG datatyped column(s) in them. Whenever I try to import a table with such a column in it, import terminates with the message ABNORMAL END OF FILE. I always have to go in to the .DMP file and clear out the section where the data will be dumped in the table (i.e. insert statement). If it can't be done, how is one supposed to take such a table (with data) from one machine to another (standalone) machine?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Nasir (nnoor_at_cris.com) Received on Sat Oct 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT