Re: case INsensitive queries

From: Bola Ogunlana <bolao_at_incads.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/04

In article <6124s8$6p3$1_at_newsfep1.sprintmail.com>, Steve Larson <smlarson_at_sprintmail.com> writes
>Does anyone know of a way to store data in mixed case in an Oracle database,
>yet have Oracle ignore case when parsing where statements?
>
>Is it possible to acheive this by defining my own character set? Any hints on
>how to do this?

Store the data in VARCHAR2 type columns and let your data entry tool/program insert mixed case. In order to do a case insensitive search maybe you could try something like;

select col_name from table_name
where
key_column = a_value and
upper(search_column) = upper('&&Search_criteria%');

or something like that.

--
Bola Ogunlana