Re: InitTrans parameter

From: Appala <charyunv_at_boat.bt.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

arpege wrote:

> What is the inittrans parameter used for ? From what I've read, it books
> some space in the block header of an extent of a table ... But what is
> it exactly used for ??

Inittrans is the minimum number of transactions that access the datablocks. 23 Bytes (I remember) per Transaction entry is stored in the datablocks of the corresponding segments

Generally for tables inittrans will be 1 and for indexes 2.

Low inittrans will cause users to wait, if many users are accessing same datablock concurrently. Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT