Oracle Web Application Server performance Issues

From: Roberto Dominguez <XrodoguX_at_XacmX.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

Hi!

After several days of fighting the unfriendly-and-undocumented Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 finally I have it runing in our SUN Dual UltraSPARC 300 Mhz with 256 Mb of Ram. I thought that such computer was going to be enough to handle it, but it seems is not :( it's extremely slooooooooow. I tried disabling all extra packanges (leaving only the PL/SQL) and all the loggers and still have the same problems.

I'm using Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 on Solaris 2.5, Oracle 7.3 and using Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 as listener.

Has anybody had problems like this? does it have to do with the Dual processor? is there any know bug or patch for it?

I'll appreciate any help, thanx!

P.S. (remove the X's to get my real email address)

   El Buen RoDoGu

        ////         "I'm waiting in this cell, because I have to know
        O-O           have I been guilty all this time?"
         -                                               Roger Waters