Re: Forms 4.5 Questions... Please Help...

From: Alex Heney <a.j.heney_at_btNOinterSPAMnet.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

On Thu, 02 Oct 1997 17:54:25 +0100, "Soltész András" <sola_at_mail.datanet.hu> wrote:

>stephen wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have two questions about Forms 4.5.
>>
>> I want to change the table name from OLD to NEW. After I
>> created the
>> table NEW and copy all data to NEW from OLD, should I need to develop
>> new Forms for table NEW? (NEW and OLD have the same data structure)
>> This
>> is because the original form is connected with table OLD and not table
>>
>> NEW. Is there possible ways so that I don't need to create a new form
>> for table NEW?
>>
>> Moreover, a new attribute AAA is added to the table NEW later.
>> Since
>> the Forms does not contain the new attribute AAA, how can I create a
>> edit field in Forms and connected this field to the new attriubte AAA
>> in
>> table NEW?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stephen
>
>Hi !
>

>The first: Rename the block named OLD to NEW. After this the form will
>operate on the new form.

You do NOT need to rename the block (although it helps maintainability). What you DO need to do is modify the value in the Base_Table property of the block from OLD to NEW.

>The second: You must add manualy a new field named AAA to the block.
>Keep in mind to set the "Base table" property TRUE if it is FALSE in
>default.

If it is a base-table block, then the default is TRUE for the base-table property.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Remove XSPAM from mail_id if replying via email.
Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.