Re: Digital Unix Advfs

From: Doug Anderson <doug.anderson_at_NDCorp.com>
Date: 1997/10/03

edmundov_at_epcc.edu wrote:
> I have a question regarding Digital's Advanced File System
> and Oracle. This is our setup:

> DEC 4000/300 Alpha running Digital Unix v4.0b
> Oracle Release 7.3.3

> We are going to install Oracle on the DEC system and
> we have a choice on using UFS (Unix File System) or
> Advfs (Advanced File System). Oracle said there won't
> be a problem with using Advfs, but has anybody out there
> encountered any problems with installing using Advfs or
> any other problems we should look out for. I am not a
> Unix expert so any advice would be helpful.

> Thanks...

> Edmundo Vasquez
> El Paso Community College
> edmundov_at_nmail.epcc.edu

Edmundo,

   We have used Advfs with Oracle 7.3 for close to two years. It has some definite advantages to ufs file systems. Among these are:

Our configuration right now is:

   AlphaServer 8200
   Digital Unix 3.2d
   Oracle 7.3.2.3
   150 Gigabytes Diskspace

-Doug Anderson
Oracle Database Administrator
doug.anderson_at_NDCorp.com Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT