Re: Help with Oracle -- DB2 gateway!

From: Mark E. Porterfield <portrfld_at_nauticom.net>
Date: 1997/10/03

Sreeni Karpurapu wrote:

> Hello everybody:
> We are having problems with Oracle DB2 gateway! Our Oracle Forms
> application is interfacing with a DB2 database through a Oracle-DB2
> gateway. We are having lot of locking problems(table level locks). Even
> if we do a select though SQL*Plus locks get established and they don't go
> untill we do a COMMIT or ROLLBACK. Some *THREADS* are still persistant on
> the DB2 machine and they have to be removed manually.

Check to see if those tables are DB2 tables. What Oracle has to do in some cases is pull ALL DB2 table data to the Oracle database in order to perform the query. This generally happens when you are performing SQL that is not DB2 standard. Check the manuals Oracle sent for option that should not be used against the DB2 tables. The DB2 Gateway is really a dumb animal and there is very very little you can do to configure it. Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT