Web Server configuration problem

From: Ken Nichols <knichols_at_mcsilo.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

Hi,

When I try to start the listener for Oracle Web Server 2.1 (Digital Unix), the following error message appears:

bash$ wlctl21 start RCM

Oracle Web Listener 2.1.0.3.0 - Production, Version 1.20in2 Copyright 1996 Oracle Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Information: Listening on port 80 address 0.0.0.0 Error: Companion oraweb2 process failed
bash$

I am logged in as the oracle user when this happens.

What makes this extra strange is that we have another server which is set up identically (as much as we can
make it) and which doesn't have this problem.

We think it's something small but obscure, e.g., a permissions problem, failure to run a DBA script.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Ken Received on Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT