Re: ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment.

From: Jim Robertson <jroberts_at_ees.enron.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

Check the Operating System Privileges on both the oracle executable (should be chmod 6751 oracle)

and if running sqlnet v1 then the orasrv process must be owned by root and have the sticky bits set as well (chown root orasrv; chmod 6751 orasrv)

Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in article <01bcce31$c5855420$ba030059_at_billyv.vslabs.co.za>...