Some Oracle8 Questions

From: Greg Westendorf <westendorf_at_nospamcp-consulting.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

Hi,
I'm looking into Oracle8 compatibility with our current Oracle 7.3 for NT database. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. I read about LOBs (Large Binary Objects) and wondered if Oracle8 still supports the Long Raw datatype. We have several tables using Long Raw and a change in that data type translates to a change in the VB code. Also, is there any problem with Net8 connectivity? Is it compatible with 16-bit VB/Access programs?
In general are there any pitfalls or horror stories I should know about?

TIA
greg

--
westendorf_at_NOSPAMcp-consulting.com
remove nospam from address before responding