Re: HOW to increase DB_FILES?

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

You have reached the MAXDATAFILES limit that was imposed when you created the
database (I believe the default is 32). To increase this limit you will have to recreate your
controlfiles and up the parameter value for maxdatafiles. Briefly, To do this:
0) make sure you have a good backup

  1. alter database backup controlfile to trace;
  2. edit the .trc file just created in step 1, increase maxdatafiles value; edit initsid.ora increase db_files to equal new maxdatafile parm.
  3. shutdown
  4. startup nomount
  5. run the file edited in step 2.

This documented should be in the manuals somewhere.