SM Motif version for 7.3.3 revisited

From: Server Manager <tsbsps_at_spamnot.ca>
Date: 1997/10/02

For those who can't get the Motif Server Manager to work on HPUX 10.20 database version 7.3.3 I offer hope. After working with Oracle Support for weeks, they really stuck it out and found an answer, kudos.

They sent me 3 .res files from 7.3.2.3, madm.res, mam.res, and masm.res which I copied into $ORACLE_HOME/svrmgr/admin/resource/US to overwrite the existing ones there and presto chango, so far no more core dumps at every turn.

My thrill could be short lived though as someone in this newsgroup mentioned that Oracle won't likely be supporting the Motif version of Server Manager in the future. I've heard the same from other sources as well. Everyone got Enterprise Manager going? :>) Received on Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT