Re: Anyone had problems upgrading from Oracle v7.1 to v7.3?

From: Phil Cook <pncook_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/02

One area you will need to pay attention to is the use of the bequeath adaptor.
When you are in server manager on the server box, the connect internal uses

sqlnet so you must make sure that your tnsnames.ora and listener.ora are configured correctly. If not, you will not be able to connect internal.

Phil Cook
Certified Oracle DBA

Martyn <news_at_cavett.globalnet.co.uk> wrote in article <01bcceab$59aef920$LocalHost_at_cavett.globalnet.co.uk>...
> Hi -
>
> Our site is soon upgrading from Oracle server v.7.1.x to v7.3.
>
> Has anyone come across any 'show-stopper' issues that we should be aware
 of
> that you can share before we 'jump off the edge'??
>
> Furher info:
> This is part of an upgrade from DEC VAX to DEC Alpha, running under
 OpenVMS